Local people wished to have their own structure. Tuchafwane a co-operative company has therefore been set up to allow local communities to take part more actively in the management and the coordination of their developing projects.
Tuchafwane’s board is made of person representing every village which is partner with us. The chair person is Lenny Chulu.
Tuchafwane’s goals are as follows:
- Guarantee access to education through building community schools
- Support orphans by offering them food, beds and proper education
- Promote and encourage environmental friendly projects
- Guarantee access to healthcare by building health centre and hospitals
- Educate, prevent against AIDS and care of infected people
- Development of agriculture with the promotion of long lasting (conservative farming…) and healthy (cattle) techniques
- Help women to develop their own economic activities (agriculture, sewing, grinding mills…)
- Foster the small scale initiative by giving access to microfinance.